THE BEST OF THE MARSHALL MEMO
Carefully chosen summaries to energize leadership, teaching, and learning
The Marshall Memo summaries we’ve selected for this topic are a super-curation from hundreds of possible choices in the Memo archive. If you’d like to explore more widely and “create your own adventure,” just log in at www.marshallmemo.com (type Best in the e-mail box and MarshallMemo in the password box), click Search Archive on the left, and scroll down the Topics list. Below are our suggestions.
To constrain your search to only the “classics” in one area (those we consider the best of the best), check the Classics box at the beginning of the Topics list, then check your topic, then hit Search. This will bring up a subset of the most powerful summaries.
Assessment for Learning
- Assessment: On-the-spot/formative
- Assessment: Diagnostic
- Assessment: Interim/benchmark/periodic
- Assessment: Clickers (audience response devices)
- Assessment: Failure as feedback
- Assessment: Standards-based practices, rubrics, scoring guides
- Assessment: Portfolios, performance tasks, alternative assessments
- Assessment: Using data for continuous improvement
- Assessment: Data display
- Assessment: Data literacy
- Teaching: Giving feedback