THE BEST OF THE MARSHALL MEMO
Carefully chosen summaries to energize leadership, teaching, and learning
Making Learning Stick
Brain Science and Memory
- The neuroscience of learning
- Not overloading working memory
- Understanding two very different kinds of memory
The Retrieval Effect
- How remembering improves remembering
- Using pretests to improve achievement
- What did you learn in school today?
- The difference between taking notes by hand and on a laptop
- Research-based approaches to studying
- How can we help students remember more?
What Should Students Memorize?
- Why not just Google it?
- Should students memorize times tables?
- Should students memorize poetry?